[GMG-Devel] Feedback for the Android client

From: John Doe
Subject: [GMG-Devel] Feedback for the Android client
Date: Mon, 06 May 2013 19:01:19 +0200

There's some feedbacks a have for the mediagoblin's android client, so
I've joined the mailing list:
* it seems to be broken for "pre-4.0" devices: it works under
CyanogenMod 10 (CM10) but neither under CM7 (based on Gingerbread) nor a
stock Gingerbread device (Samsung Galaxy S)
* I followed the documentation[1] unless I cloned the gitorious
version[2], not the github one[3]
* building the client using the 2.3's SDK fails against Holo
dependencies (the Holo theme is part of Android >= 4.0)[4]
* I get a blank page when I try to connect trough HTTPS (using CACert
certificates)
* I'm unable to type in the credentials inside the application when
passing the connection trough HTTP

[1] http://wiki.mediagoblin.org/Android_Client
[2] git://gitorious.org/mediagoblin/mediagoblin-android.git
[3] git://github.com/joar/mediagoblin-android.git
[4] http://bin.postblue.info/wuqefawiri
--
XMPP & Email :  address@hidden
StatusNet :     address@hidden