Re: [GMG-Devel] Mediagoblin usage scenario? Any advice?

From: Rj Ewing
Subject: Re: [GMG-Devel] Mediagoblin usage scenario? Any advice?
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2013 11:42:37 -0700

To expand a little further, here is the current media_types that MediaGoblin supports http://mediagoblin.readthedocs.org/en/v0.4.1/siteadmin/media-types.html, and blogging support is on the way.

As for custom templates, we currently use jinja2 so if you are familiar with that, they are easy to implement. Check out http://mediagoblin.readthedocs.org/en/v0.4.1/siteadmin/theming.html#templates.

Also, we would love to have another graphic designer, as we only have one who has been very busy lately.

Best of luck,
RJ

On Mon, Sep 2, 2013 at 9:02 AM, Jason Li <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Chris! (And thanks for the quick response and encouragement.)

RE: "Clip to mediagoblin bookmarklet" = that thing that Evernote has where you can highlight/select an image, a piece of image and text or just the whole webpage --> then click a button in the web browser (they have a plugin) --> a dialog box pop-up asks u where in Evernote you'd like to send it to. In short, something that cuts down the time required to download and upload an image from the web.

Otherwise, sounds great. Am hoping we can get something up in the next month or two.

Also just as a sidenote, I do a fair bit of UI/UX work as part of my freelance work, so feel free to hit me up for some of that for Mediagoblin, even if it's just testing. (I'm saying that here cuz I'm not on IRC much.)

Jason Li