[GMG-Devel] Openshift resources for Non-Profit, Open Source, or Educatio

From: Jim Campbell
Subject: [GMG-Devel] Openshift resources for Non-Profit, Open Source, or Educational Institutions
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2014 21:18:54 -0500

Hello MediaGoblins,

I saw this posting [0], and thought it would be relevant to the MediaGoblin project. It looks like Red Hat is offering additional OpenShift resources on top of their standard no-cost tier, and that they're making these resources available to non-profits, open source projects and educational institutions.

I know that it was posted on April 1st, but it still seems legit.

They have a special form [1] where you can request resources, and it's really up to you as to what you'd like to request. I'm not sure where this would fit into the grand MediaGoblin plan for making Free web services easier to deploy, but it seems like something that is worth having in your pocket, knowing that there may be additional resources available if this is one of the routes that you'd like to pursue.

Regards,

Jim

[0] https://www.openshift.com/blogs/openshift-for-non-profits-open-source-and-educational-institutions

[1] https://www.openshift.com/kb/kb-e1094-how-to-request-resources-for-non-profit-open-source-or-educational-institutions