Re: [GMG-Devel] Transcoding troubles.

From: Christopher Allan Webber
Subject: Re: [GMG-Devel] Transcoding troubles.
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2014 13:07:04 -0500

address@hidden writes:

> I enabled the video media type for my instance, but when I try to submit a
> video, it seems to be stuck in the queue forever with a transcoding status
> of "Unknown", and the size of the result in mediagoblin's workbench is
> stuck at 1 byte. I installed all of the dependencies listed on the "Media
> Types" page in the documentation, but it still doesn't work. My hunch is
> that it's stuck in the Celery queue somewhere, but I don't have a lot of
> experience with Python and don't know where to begin looking.
>
> This is on openSUSE 13.1. Anyone have any tips?
>
> Thanks,
> ~Damien

Heya Damien,

I haven't heard of this problem before and I'm not really sure what would
be causing it.  It could be celery being stuck.

Try this: launch lazycelery on its own, leave it for ten minutes, and
see if the media shows up in your instance then...

Otherwise it could be a gstreamer issue.  Not totally sure.  Sorry!
It's hard to diagnose from here..
 - Chris