[GMG-Devel] Failing virtualenvs

From: Christopher Allan Webber
Subject: [GMG-Devel] Failing virtualenvs
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2014 13:04:30 -0500

Hello all,

Just as a heads up, if you just did an upgrade in Debian Testing, you
may see:

    from operator import _compare_digest as compare_digest
ImportError: cannot import name _compare_digest

The solution is simple:

  virtualenv . --system-site-packages && ./bin/python setup.py develop

You gotta rebuild the virtualenv.

Sorry, nothing we can do about this.  This is the consequence of not
using Real System Packaging (TM) in the way we recommend doing
deployments.  Virtualenvs break on python version upgrades a lot.

 - Chris