Re: [GMG-Devel] api for uploading images to mediagoblin?

From: Christopher Allan Webber
Subject: Re: [GMG-Devel] api for uploading images to mediagoblin?
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2014 14:18:49 -0500

address@hidden writes:

> Hello,
>
> I'm writing an article for a swedish magazine about remote controlling a
> camera using libgphoto2.
>
> I thought it would be nice with an example uploading an image to
> Mediagoblin rather than the various other more mundane social networks
> out there.
>
> What mediagoblin API would be suitable? Is there a REST api or something
> like that?

Heya, sorry about taking so long to reply to this!  Not acceptable on my
end.

I hope you still have time for your article!  There's two ways you can
handle an API with MediaGoblin right now.

 - We have an old API, but it's fairly custom and under-documented.  You
   can look at examples on how to interact with it with the program
   "automgtic":
   https://github.com/joar/automgtic

 - We have a brand new API that's about to be unveiled.  Jessica Tallon
   is working on this and the branch is very near merge.

   You can follow along here:

     https://gitorious.org/mediagoblin/tsyesikas-mediagoblin/activities

   and test with Jessica's Federation branch.  If you use pypump:

     http://pypump.readthedocs.org/en/latest/

   assuming you're using the python bindings to libgphoto2, it should be
   very easy to integrate with PyPump.

Thanks!  And sorry for being so late on the response!

 - Chris