[GMG-Devel] MediaGoblin Campaign quick update: Rewards about to ship, ne

From: Christopher Allan Webber
Subject: [GMG-Devel] MediaGoblin Campaign quick update: Rewards about to ship, new hire, 0.7.0 frozen
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2014 15:41:53 -0500

Subject: MediaGoblin Campaign quick update: Rewards about to ship, more

==============================

Hello all,

We've been quiet lately, but that's because things have been so busy!
We'll have more announcements over the next week, but this email is to
give a couple of updates and also a heads up.

So first the heads up: If you've been wondering where the rewards are
at, they're about to ship!  This has taken longer than expected... there
were some unexpected hiccups from the donor list export we got, but
those issues are now fixed.  The rewards are all in (well, the last
batch of Goblin Force badges are 3d printing right now on our Lulzbot
and still need to be spray-painted, but we're otherwise good to go) and
we will begin shipping next week.  (We'll also post pictures next week
as we start packing the rewards up!)

If your address has changed for some reason, *please* let us know
ASAP.  You can send me an email to this address, but we'll begin
shipping early next week (probably Monday)!

Okay, next the exciting news.  I hinted that we may be hiring another
person on board... I'm happy to say we've now hired Jessica Tallon as a
full time developer on GNU MediaGoblin using funds raised from the
campaign.  Thank you all... you made this possible!

  http://mediagoblin.org/news/welcome-jessica-tallon.html

This has already paid off... we've already landed the first pieces
towards federation, which will help us roll out a new cool upload API in
the next release.

Speaking of the next release, 0.7.0 is *right around the corner*.  We
are working on that release as we speak, so I'd better get back to it!

Thanks again for supporting the project!  Things are really swimming
along at the moment... and that's thanks to your help!

 - Christopher Allan Webber
   MediaGoblin lead developer