Re: [GMG-Devel] "stable" branch

From: Matt Molyneaux
Subject: Re: [GMG-Devel] "stable" branch
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2014 19:33:03 +0000

On Sun, 2014-12-14 at 12:57 -0600, Christopher Allan Webber wrote:
*snip*
>  - stable will usually just track whatever the last release was (though
>    minor docs fixes can be added to it).
*snip*

Will minor bug fixes and security "hotfixes" go here too?

I guess what I'm really asking is how does stable related to a
theoretical 0.8.1?

I remember some feature (can't remember what) for 0.8 had to wait for
merging until 0.7.1 had been released because everything happened on
master. Does having a stable branch free up master for more invasive
changes?