Re: [GMG-Devel] Gitorious aquired by Gitlab

From: Nils
Subject: Re: [GMG-Devel] Gitorious aquired by Gitlab
Date: Thu, 05 Mar 2015 22:51:48 +0100

Hello,

Am Donnerstag, den 05.03.2015, 13:58 -0600 schrieb Christopher Allan
Webber:
> Hello Jan,
>
> Jan writes:
> >
> > Since gitorious will go down quite soon, it probably would be best to
> > look for a valid alternative soon.
> >

> Indeed, we will need to figure out a solution.  I'm bummed out a bit
> that we have to do another move so soon, but at least this one will be
> easier.
>
> I think I can't make the decision on where we move to alone... we need
> community help and input on what to do.
>
>  - Kallithea: I'd love to make a move here, but I think it's not quite
>    ready yet?  But maybe I'm wrong.  We could be an "early adopter" of
>    the project.  It does have inline code reviews and etc, which would
>    be nice.  It doesn't have issue tracking, but we already have our own
>    issue tracker.

One additional issue with Kallithea is that they as of now don't seem to
provide hosting.

>  - Something else?
>
> What to do?  I'd love feedback/help.
>  - Chris

>From the most comprehensive list[1] I've come across so far possible
alternatives could also include:

- http://bettercodes.org/ is AGPL-licensed and provides free hosting.
Actually I haven't found a repo containing the actual code yet, though.

- http://phabricator.org/ is Apache-licensed (if that would be
sufficient) and has free-for-free-projects hosting at
https://phoreplay.com/

Based on that, notabug seems like the most friendly (and upon hosters
the most freedom-commited) alternative.

Good night,
Nils

[1] http://jboy.silk.co/tag/github%20alternatives