[GMG-Devel] Community Governance, my sabattical

From: Christopher Allan Webber
Subject: [GMG-Devel] Community Governance, my sabattical
Date: Sat, 06 Jun 2015 13:37:38 -0500

Hello all,

As many of you know, now that 0.8.0 is out, I'm taking a few months of
sabattical from regular MediaGoblin work.  I'll be back, but I'm using
the next few months to recharge, go through some difficult life changes,
and do research and coding that will benefit MediaGoblin in the long
run on indirect projects.

In the meanwhile, MediaGoblin has never been a just-me project, and as
such in the last few meetings we've agreed that the best path forward is
to let various community members step up to volunteer to various roles.

Laura Arjona has done a great job of kicking that off by creating this
wiki page:

  https://wiki.mediagoblin.org/CommunityGovernance

If you'd like to point out roles, or volunteer for some, please do go
there.  If you need to find who is currently the deputy to some
MediaGoblin task, you can also find out more there.

I'm not going away, just taking a break.  I will be back.  I'm not even
fully gone, I'm happy to answer things or provide urgent help if needed,
but the more the community can help out for this, the smoother it'll go.

Expect to hear interesting things when I get back!

 - Chris

PS: if you're interested in upping your leadership skills in free
  software, this is a great time to do it! :)  If you need permissions
  to do your role, you know where to find me.