Re: [GMG-Devel] Database federation changes complete!

From: ayleph
Subject: Re: [GMG-Devel] Database federation changes complete!
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2015 02:13:55 -0700

On 10/20/2015 06:08 AM, Jessica Tallon wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Over the last few months I've been working on database changes to make
> federation possible. Today, I'm happy to announce, was the last of those
> changes. I've just pushed the changes for the comment models which also
> touches on the Notification and Report models. I'll be taking a month
> off before commencing work on the actual federation code. If people
> could help test out the changes I've made and report any bugs you find
> on the issue tracker that'd be great! You can ping me over IRC (Tsyesika
> on #mediagoblin).

This is really exciting! Thanks so much for working out the database
changes. sapienTech and I have been doing some debugging, me with the
latest code/db updates, and he with the Goblinoid client. We've found a
few small issues that I'd like to bring up. We've proposed solutions to
a couple, and some others we could use some help on. If we can get these
fixed, we should be in pretty good shape for the imminent release of
Goblinoid on the F-Droid repository.

A couple of issues related to the "graveyard" seem appropriate for
Halloween.

* Graveyard media don't return serializable timestamps
https://issues.mediagoblin.org/ticket/5354

* Graveyard media don't return serializable actors
https://issues.mediagoblin.org/ticket/5355

I've already mentioned these in previous list responses, but I'll add
them again to keep things organized.

* Can't GET another user's outbox
https://issues.mediagoblin.org/ticket/5356

* Bad feed media URLs for non-local storage
https://issues.mediagoblin.org/ticket/5342

Also, I didn't really understand this ticket when I created it, but it
might be fixed by addressing #5356.

* Incorrect activity actor in API
https://issues.mediagoblin.org/ticket/5343

--