[GMG-Devel] Want a new hook for a search plugin

From: Tom Fay
Subject: [GMG-Devel] Want a new hook for a search plugin
Date: Thu, 03 Dec 2015 08:01:22 -0000

Hi there,

I've made a search plugin for Mediagoblin so that I can search by users/tags as well as description and title (code is at https://github.com/tofay/mediagoblin-indexedsearch).

It's really just the existing basicsearch plugin, but queries a whoosh index (like the proposal mentioned https://wiki.mediagoblin.org/Search) instead of querying the db directly.

Anyways, it creates or updates an index during startup. It can't do this by using the "setup" hook because when that hook is called the database hasn't been setup yet. I looked into using some sqlalchemy events to trigger indexing, but I couldn't find a suitable event.

What I'd like is a hook that notifies plugins when the database has been setup. Are there any existing hooks I could use for this purposes, and if not can one please be added? On my instance I'm currently just calling a new hook at the end of setup_database method.

Thanks,

Tom