[GMG-Devel] MediaGoblin monthly meeting time: move to UTC?

From: Christopher Allan Webber
Subject: [GMG-Devel] MediaGoblin monthly meeting time: move to UTC?
Date: Sat, 02 Apr 2016 10:41:14 -0700

Hello all,

When we started running the MediaGoblin monthly meetings, we
intentionally pinned to daylight savings time.  The goal was to try to
maximize the number of MediaGoblin contributors that we had at the time
being able to attend the meetings.  Because we were mostly spread across
the US and Europe at the time, my thoughts were that 9am is the earliest
anyone would likely get up and be ready in time to attend a meeting, so
we set it to 9AM PST so that it would stay at 9AM moving around with
daylight savings time.

However, not everyone likes this.  Daylight savings time is annoying.
And I think the people attending meetings recently have not been from
the Pacific Time part of the world recently anyway.

Would we prefer instead to move it to 4 or 5PM UTC?

 - Chris