[GMG-Devel] Regarding GSoC Project : Chunked uploads / multi-upload UI

From: Vijeth T Aradhya
Subject: [GMG-Devel] Regarding GSoC Project : Chunked uploads / multi-upload UI
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2017 21:56:42 +0530

Hi all,

I had talked to Boris on the IRC regarding the first two projects (the other one being "Mulitple qualities of video").

I started looking at the first project and I had a few doubts. There is an existing multiple upload plugin for HTML5 that is mentioned in the project description (https://github.com/VenKamikaze/mediagoblin-html5-multi-upload).

1. When uploading multiple files, the above plugin saves the same title, description and tags for all the files. If the user wanted to upload different title and other things, he/she could have uploaded one by one, and so is giving them the same title, and other information the right way to go about this?

Suggestion : Can we make an AJAX call to extend the form for one more image if the user wants to upload files with different metadata? If the user is fine with the same metadata, then we can use the plugin as it is?

2. I'm sorry I did not understand by multiple upload in CLI -

(a) Do you mean make POST call for multiple upload possible on the CLI?
(b) Can you give an example as to how this would work currently with single upload on CLI?
(c) Can this plugin also handle multiple upload from CLI? If yes, how?

These questions may be trivial, but they would certainly help me understand the projects better, and also give an idea as to what to do. Hoping to see the answers to my queries soon!

Thank you,
Vijeth Aradhya
Undergraduate Sophomore,
International Institute of Information Technology, Hyderabad