Re: MediaGoblin Trac email notifications to issue requestors (was: Taili

From: Ben Sturmfels
Subject: Re: MediaGoblin Trac email notifications to issue requestors (was: Tailing MediaGoblin's Postfix logs - troubleshooting Trac emails to ticket requestor)
Date: Thu, 09 Apr 2020 12:28:23 +1000

On Wed, Apr 8, 2020 at 22:02, Simon Fondrie-Teitler <address@hidden> wrote:
Ben Sturmfels <address@hidden> writes:

Regarding postfix logs, I just tried looking at those while creating and logging into a new account on Trac. The email comes through, but nothing
 at all in the logs. Any ideas?

It looks like postfix writes to syslog by default, which isn't installed
in the container. So the options are to install some syslog daemon and
have it run in the background or configure postfix to write to disk or
stdout.

http://www.postfix.org/MAILLOG_README.html

I don't have time to do this in the next few days, but if you think it's going to be useful to have I can take a look at fixing. Shouldn't be too
hard.

Thanks - let's leave it as-is for now and we can consider changing it next time we need to access the logs.

Ben