Re: What is RabbitMQ for?

From: Christopher Lemmer Webber
Subject: Re: What is RabbitMQ for?
Date: Wed, 13 May 2020 10:27:58 -0400

RabbitMQ is a message queue which can speak to Celery (which processes
the media).

By default and for simplicity's sake, MediaGoblin by default uses
sqlite as kind of hacky but easy to set up queue... the main advantage
of it is that it prevents the need to run one more daemon.  The
disadvantage is that it really isn't a good message queue.