mibble-users

Re: [Mibble-users] Unable to load MIB file

From: Per Cederberg
Subject: Re: [Mibble-users] Unable to load MIB file
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2005 13:01:35 +0200

Hi,

You cannot have the same symbol name appear twice in a single
MIB file. If other MIB parsers accept this, they are buggy and
should be fixed. At least one cannot trust their results in
this case, as they are liable to mix up the two symbols.

The correct way to write a MIB is to use different names for
the symbols. Usually a short prefix is added to each variable,
like this:

table1entry
  t1serialnumber
  t1name