mibble-users

Re: [Mibble-users] sorting OIDs

From: Per Cederberg
Subject: Re: [Mibble-users] sorting OIDs
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2014 17:00:33 +0100

Matthew,

It seems you encountered a bug (or misfeature). Now added to GitHub:

https://github.com/cederberg/mibble/issues/13

I'll try to push a fix up to 2.10.alpha2 in a few hours.

Cheers,

/Per

On Tue, Jan 28, 2014 at 3:15 PM, Matthew Walker <address@hidden> wrote:
Surely this comes up often and I apologize for not finding other refernces.. but I'm stumped here.

Does mibble contain a utility for the numeric sorting of SNMP ObjectIdentifiers, (OIDs)?

Current sorting (since OIDs are treated as Strings) results in inaccuracies like this:

| 1.3.6.1.2.1.33.1.9.1.0     |
| 1.3.6.1.2.1.33.1.9.10.0    |
| 1.3.6.1.2.1.33.1.9.2.0     |

Much thanks.