microdc-devel

[microdc-devel] scripting microdc..

From: Steffen Schulz
Subject: [microdc-devel] scripting microdc..
Date: Sat, 5 Aug 2006 17:43:23 +0200

Hi,

I just got to know microdc. Nice program.

I noticed a nasty little bug during setup:

set speed cable

results in not very helpful disconnect-messages, depending on the state
of the "active"-variable. The Hub disconnects me after sending the
disclaimer.

set speed Cable

works as expected. Same for [Ss]atelite and possibly others.
(no documentation for the possible contents of the variables?)

I observed the bug while trying to connect to version 0.7.14 of
Open DC Hub. Other Hubs seem to work.

I have two more questions:

The results of a search are numbered. Is it possible to download a
searchresult directly? Sth like:

search my favorite movie
results 1
get 1 6   (get 6th hit of search 1)

("get" would then be context-sensitive to weather we are browsing
 some users share)

---

Last but not least: Is it possible to script microdc?
I want to generate the input-commands with std-i/o.
I tried tried things like:

mknod .microdc/input p   # create a fifo
microdc -c .microdc/input # read config from fifo

This one exits as soon as there are no more lines in the file, it does
not wait for more input.

microdc < .microdc/input

Doesn't work neither...

Any help appreciated,
Steffen
--
No matter where you are... Everyone is always connected.
                                - Serial Experiments Lain