Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Solving the Pthreads issue

From: Gregory Smith
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Solving the Pthreads issue
Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 09:25:57 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 11 May 2010, Martin Lambers wrote:

But there is a feature of the PE executable file format used by Windows
to define hooks also in the case of static linking. Ramiro Polla sent a
patch that uses this approach. See
<http://sourceware.org/ml/pthreads-win32/2010/msg00006.html>.

If we're lucky, this already solves the problem. Can someone test this?

One problem might be that libraries which already call attach/detach
might run into problems, so we might need to be careful about the
PTW32_STATIC_LIB flag being defined in the header files.

Hmm, might this also conflict with the patch that removes the dependency on mingwm10.dll, from earlier discussion?

Gregory