Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] upgrade package lcms

From: Volker Grabsch
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] upgrade package lcms
Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 00:51:58 +0200

Mark Brand <address@hidden> schrieb:

> >However, I'm seeing a very strange "Permission denied" error when
> >building, log attached.
[...]
> I compared the corresponding sections of our logs where your build goes
> wrong. There are some differences, but I cannot but my finger on the
> problem. Maybe someone else can.

The source tarball contains the helper shell script "install-sh"
as plain file, without "execute" permissions. Thus, an error occurs
on all systems where this script is actually used.

In general, the permissions in the tarball are flawed. A quick
check showed that "execute" permissions are missing for at least
the following files:

    lcms-2.0/autogen.sh
    lcms-2.0/depcomp
    lcms-2.0/install-sh
    lcms-2.0/ltmain.sh
    lcms-2.0/missing

Maybe some more files are affected. I reported that to upstream:

http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_name=20100513224658.GC27891%40flap&forum_name=lcms-user

Greets,

    Volker

--