[Mingw-cross-env-list] [patch] fix for building Qt on Mac with "-arch wi

From: Tony Theodore
Subject: [Mingw-cross-env-list] [patch] fix for building Qt on Mac with "-arch windows"
Date: Sat, 22 May 2010 01:09:26 +1000

Forgot to send to list...

On 21 May 2010 19:21, Volker Grabsch <address@hidden> wrote:
> Mark Brand <address@hidden> schrieb:
>> >So is there anything else missing in the current development
>> >version of Mingw-cross-env? If not, I'll announce the test round.
>>
>> I understand there is an issue building Qt now on the Mac. The likely
>> solution is available for testing in the files for Qt 4.7-beta1 here:
> [...]
>> It's also now in the attached patch for the current development
>> mingw-cross-env with Qt 4.6.2.
>>
>> It's possible that the solution will expose new issues, so please try it
>> before applying! :)
>
> Tony, are you able to confirm that this patch solves the Mac issue?
> It seems to be the only thing that holds up the release.

It doesn't fix the issue, I sent a message earlier (twice since the
first had a large attachment), but it may have been blocked.

However, I just had a thought. Mark, can you check my logic.

For qt 4.6 (current dev version), this patch won't actually achieve
the desired native "bitness" of the build tools, since they are built
from unpatched sources. The native tools will still be built with
whatever the default is. Adding "-arch windows" to the native build
seems contradictory - even if it does achieve a desired result.

If the above is right, then the patch may not be applicable to 4.6. We
can keep working on the 4.7 issues without holding up the release.

Your thoughts?

Tony