Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] trouble with libz.a and other libraries

From: Volker Grabsch
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] trouble with libz.a and other libraries
Date: Sat, 29 May 2010 15:54:04 +0200

Tony Theodore <address@hidden> schrieb:
> On 29 May 2010 22:04, Tony Theodore <address@hidden> wrote:
> > With this version of xz, libarchive builds and runs successfully with:
>
> I've tested this version of xz (quickly - no "make clean" first) on
> FreeBSD am64, Mac OSX, Open Solaris, and Ubuntu amd64. It succeeds on
> all, and has no dependents, so it should be safe to include in the
> release.

Sorry, but I already announced the testing phase, so I'll only
include bugfixes until the release.

Well, okay, currently it's mostly you and two others who are
doing the testing. But I hope that some more people will
report testing results at the end of today (which is the
deadline). I don't know why its so few people compared to
the previous release.

Nevertheless, I'll include libarchive and the other pending
stuff immediately after the release, and I'll start the next
release more on schedule, i.e. within a few weeks rather than
months. The only reason for waiting so long with this release
were the DirectX, Pthreads and GCC/MinGW issues. Since those
are almost completely solved, I think we should be able to
increase again the release frequency.

Greets,

    Volker

--