Re: Libarchive (was Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] trouble with libz.a and o

From: Volker Grabsch
Subject: Re: Libarchive (was Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] trouble with libz.a and other libraries)
Date: Mon, 31 May 2010 11:26:35 +0000

Tony Theodore <address@hidden> schrieb:
> On 29 May 2010 23:54, Volker Grabsch <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Nevertheless, I'll include libarchive and the other pending
> > stuff immediately after the release

The release is done, so I completed your libarchive.mk and included it:
http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/mingw-cross-env/rev/a855b97fd3b3

> You might want to check
> the xz homepage to make sure you're comfortable using the snapshot:
>
> "A snapshot from the git repository is available too, and is generally
> recommended over 4.999.9beta. "

Included.
http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/mingw-cross-env/rev/a855b97fd3b3

> Maybe there just aren't enough 9s left to do another nearly final release :)

Some people like their version numbers to converge to Pi, others
like them to converge to 5. ;-)

> The libarchive.mk file doesn't have an update macro or test program.
> The xz problem isn't apparent until you try to link against it,

Feel free to propose a simple "hello world" test program for
libarchive. I'd be happy to include it, at least as a link test
(probably also as a functionality test to be run with Wine, but
that's not important in this case).

Greets,
Volker

--