[Mingw-cross-env-list] Simplifying usage of CMake

From: Volker Grabsch
Subject: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Simplifying usage of CMake
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2011 01:18:04 +0200

Dear mingw-cross-env people,

While reading again our tutorial I noticed that using
CMake with mingw-cross-env is still somewhat cumbersome.
The situation improved a lot since we introduced the
toolchain file, but I think we can do still better.

I propose a solution similar to pkg-config and qmake,
that is, providing a prefixed cmake tool:

    i686-pc-mingw32-cmake

It could be as simple as:

    #!/bin/sh
    cmake -DCMAKE_TOOLCHAIN_FILE=/.../mingw-cross-env-conf.cmake "$@"

To all the CMake users/hackers here: Does this make sense?
Or do you see any issues with this approach? Can we do still
better?

Greets,
Volker

--