Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] OpenCSG again

From: Tony Theodore
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] OpenCSG again
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2011 23:39:27 +1000

On 19 September 2011 20:11, René Berber <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 18 Sep 2011 15:58:57, Brad Pitcher  wrote:
> [snip]
>> release/main.o:main.cpp:(.text+0x29f): undefined reference to
>> address@hidden'
> [snip]
>
> That means the linker is looking for dynamic libraries.
>
>> I hope this is a really obvious stupid mistake.
>
> No, the problem is that OpenCSG is not configured to build with static
> libraries.

It seems freeglut is the culprit here, it wasn't being built
statically in the first place. I've added a test program for both this
and glew:

http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/mingw-cross-env/rev/df85f59a791d
http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/mingw-cross-env/rev/cad00a9e1f6d

Fortunately, glew has a pkg-config entry, but something like this:

-lglut -lglu32 -lopengl32 -lwinmm -lgdi32 -mwindows -DFREEGLUT_STATIC

from the test program works for freeglut.

Cheers,

Tony