Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] MemoryBarrier needed for dbus

From: René Berber
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] MemoryBarrier needed for dbus
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2011 13:34:20 -0500

On 23 Sep 2011 16:52:25, Mark Brand wrote:

> Just updated dbus [1].
>
> Dbus now uses MemoryBarrier which is in the Windows API but not in
> MinGW, so I patched it [2] into the relevant dbus source file. This is
> not a particularly elegant solution, but I'm not sure we want to patch
> our windows.h just for this one case.
>
> Feedback is welcome.

I just modified winnt.h a long time ago to build DBUS, no problem using
dbus-daemon or any other executables that use the library.

The DBUS bugzilla ticket about this is no help at all, the author of the
change doesn't use Windows so he asked for help testing... nothing,
asked for comments from the Windows maintainers... nothing, somebody
commented that it cross-builded fine (no mention of which cross-build
environment, but it can't be true if it was any related to mingw) and
that made the patch go through.
--
René Berber