[Mingw-cross-env-list] Problems with package OpenSceneGraph

From: Martin Lambers
Subject: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Problems with package OpenSceneGraph
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2011 20:13:44 +0200

Hello all,

since the upgrade to OSG 3.0.x, there are a few problems with this package.

1) The pkg-config files are missing (at least) "-DOSG_LIBRARY_STATIC" in
Cflags and "-lopengl32 -lgdi32" in Libs. The first should probably go
into openscenegraph.pc and/or openscenegraph-osg.pc; the second may only
be necessary for openscenegraph-osgViewer.pc.

2) For 2.8.x, we provided an additional pkg-config file
openscenegraph-osgPlugins.pc that listed all plugins and their
requirements. This is now gone, and plugin libraries with their
requirements have to be picked by hand.

3) The documentation in the tutorial does not work anymore. Instead of
the relatively simple command line given in the tutorial, the attached
script is now necessary to build the osgstaticviewer.exe example
program. This is far too complex already although the example does not
even use plugins with external dependencies, and I have no idea what the
osgdb_serializers_* and osgdb_deprecated_* libraries are needed for, or
why the simple example suddenly seems to depend on all OSG modules.

I originally proposed inclusion of OSG, but I'm currently not using it
anymore, and I currently cannot invest the time to sort this all out.
Unless there are other users of OSG in Mingw-cross-env, it may be best
to drop the package for the next release.

Best regards,
Martin