Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Did unsupported/win32-g++-cross/qmake.conf ch

From: René Berber
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Did unsupported/win32-g++-cross/qmake.conf change?
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2011 12:24:58 -0500

On 25 Sep 2011 02:18:41, Tony Theodore wrote:

> Those flags should all have a double dash prefix, so he's probably
> right in saying that they would be parsed as something useless.

No, they don't need a double dash.  That is also in the documentation I
pointed out... he is wrong in that comment about -e.

> This doesn't explain why your seeing a change in behaviour though - it
> seems they would never have worked.

Without the flags the application builds, the main difference is what I
pointed out: you get messages saying the linker guessed what function
you wanted to link.  I haven't researched the full implication of the 3
parameters deleted, actually I added one more: --as-needed .

One thing is what those guys did in the repository commit, one didn't
know what he was doing, only that some builds (including building Qt)
worked in his environment which is Windows with g++ from MinGW and the
other mingw64.  The other approved the change also not knowing, not
really reviewing, and probably doesn't care, which is the real problem.

This is off-topic for this list, the problem is with Nokia, I'm just
seeing it now because it was released with the latest version of Qt, and
I thought that "unsupported" was contributed by this project.
--
René Berber