Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] libssh2 using export table?

From: Moritz Bunkus
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] libssh2 using export table?
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2011 12:38:29 +0100

Hey,

so... even after reading the pkg-config documentation I'm a little
confused about the feasibility of such a patch for upstream.

>From upstream's perspective: LIBSSH2_API should really only be defined
if either a) the library is to be linked statically or b) the
platform/compiler needs modifications to the function declaration that
libssh2.h simply doesn't anticipated.

The normal case should be that it is NOT defined letting libssh2.h do
its thing automatically. Adding "address@hidden@" to the
Cflags of libssh2.pc(.in) would require configure to AC_DEFINE
LIBSSH2_API explicitly.

The next problem is that I don't see a way of distinguishing between
Cflags required for static linkage and Cflags required for dynamic
linkage. However, I'm pretty sure that both versions can exist on a
system at the same time, which is why pkg-config provides --static.

Probably just my lack of understanding of pkg-config's internals.

Kind regards,
mo