Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] volunteers to update cgal?

From: Luis Saavedra
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] volunteers to update cgal?
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2011 12:52:54 -0300

I attach a patch to mercurial repo (savannah). With that I achievement seamlessly compile and use CGAL 3.9. The principal problem with cgal is cmake: cmake tries to run test programs (3.9 has more test that 3.8), and in a cross-compile-platform there is no way to run this programs with cmake (I suspect), for this cmake uses "cache responses", in the case of 3.8 with the file TryRunResults.cgal.cmake we covered all test responses for 3.8, but this is not enough for 3.9, that is the principal problem. There exist another problem with CGAL_Macros.cmake, apparently ${LIB}_VERSION_LINE2 or ${${LIB}_VERSION_LINE} are empty, I do not know why, but that problem is specific to 3.9 version,

regards,
Luis

2011/11/24 Volker Grabsch <address@hidden>
Mark Brand schrieb:
> On Thu, Nov 24, 2011 at 1:01 PM, Volker Grabsch <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Mark Brand schrieb:
> >> It's not enough just to change the version number in the URL for
> >> version 3.8. It will seem to work, but the file will be the same as
> >> 3.8.
> >
> > Could you raise this issue on the CGAL mailing list
> > or similar?
>
> That's not the part you wanted to quote, is it? I assume you mean that
> the run tests were bad for cross-compiling support.

No, I just didn't read correctly. Sorry for the noise.

> > I guess they just haven't realized yet that they probably
> > destroyed cross-compiling support from 3.8 to 3.9.
>
> I'm hoping that someone here who uses cgal (Hi Brad) or a cmake expert
> will pursue this..

Indeed.

Greets,
Volker