Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Preparation of Release 2.22 (Testing #2)

From: Tony Theodore
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Preparation of Release 2.22 (Testing #2)
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2012 14:29:26 +1000

On 31 March 2012 01:49, Volker Grabsch <address@hidden> wrote:
> Dear MXE team,
>
> Thanks for participating in our recent testing phase!
> There were quite some issues found and fixed, and I
> added lots of improvements to the overall project. In
> total, there were more than 100 changesets added! So
> it's time for a second testing phase to nail things down.
>
> Again, please check whether there are any open issues
> with our current development version. In particular,
> please verify that:
>
> 1) The current development version builds flawlessly on
>   all your systems (make clean; make).

Poco is failing very early on FreeBSD with a strange error (nothing
else in the log file apart from echoed commands):

.../tmp-poco/poco-1.4.3p1/build/rules/global:62: *** Current working
directory not under $PROJECT_BASE.  Stop.

that seems to be related to the re-ordering of definitions in the
Makefile [1]. Invoking make like this:

gmake poco PWD=`pwd`

or moving the

PWD        := $(shell pwd)

to be above the

SHELL      := bash

line again allows it to build successfully, but I'm not entirely sure why.

Cheers,

Tony

[1] http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/mingw-cross-env/rev/f7d8dfa3567d