[Mingw-cross-env-list] Sourceforge download troubles

From: Matthias Gehre
Subject: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Sourceforge download troubles
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2012 17:32:50 +0200

mingw-cross-env's experiences difficulties downloading packages from
sourceforge for me.
Examples are expat, pcre and libpng. I updated to latest git.

The wget output already shows 'Length: 20191 (20K) [text/html]',
and the file downloaded contains some sourceforge html. Then, of course,
it fails the checksum verification.

Does sourceforge try to prevent direct downloads? Is anyone else
experiencing this?

Downloading manually from sourceforge using my browser works. And it
used to work
half a year ago.