[Mingw-cross-env-list] suitesparse 3.7.0 does not build libcholmod.a - a

From: Alois Schlögl
Subject: [Mingw-cross-env-list] suitesparse 3.7.0 does not build libcholmod.a - a solution
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2012 02:22:33 +0200

I've moved to the most recent version of MXE, and found that
./usr/i686-pc-mingw32/lib/libcholmod.a is not built. libcholmod.a is crucial
for me and the main reason why I built suitesparse. The problem persists since
moving to suitesparse 3.7.0.
(the last successful built of libcholmod.a is from beginning of Dec 2011)
Reverting to suitesparse 3.6.0 builds libcholmod.a successfully.

I tried also to fix the built of 3.7.0, but so far I did not find a solution.
The problem seem to be related to some changes in the package configuration.
However, I did not find a fix.

IMHO, this is a serious regression - libcholmod is built with 3.6.0 but not
with 3.7.0. Therefore, I suggest to revert to
3.6.0 (patch is included below).

    Alois

I found a solution for the problem. Not only libcholmod, but all libs of suitesparse were affected:
 libamd.a
 libbtf.a
 libcamd.a
 libccolamd.a
 libcerbla.a
 libcholmod.a
 libcolamd.a
 libcsparse.a
 libcxsparse.a
 libklu.a
 libldl.a
 librbio.a
 libspqr.a
 libufconfig.a
 libumfpack.a

In order to compile suitesparse 3.7.0 with MXE, the following changes
o) src/suitesparse.mk must use no additional AR flags, these conflict with flags in the Makefile of the project (see suitesparse.mk.diff)

o) and two Makefiles of the project need to be modified. The attached patch suitesparse-1.patch need to be included in .../MXE/src.

Alois