[Mingw-cross-env-list] gcc -mwindows option [was: test-librsvg.exe issue

From: René Berber
Subject: [Mingw-cross-env-list] gcc -mwindows option [was: test-librsvg.exe issue]
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2012 14:57:28 -0600

On 11/18/2012 Mark Brand wrote:

This means less patching for MXE, which seems like a good thing. I hope
somebody here can comment about this. Perhaps we should add "-mwindows"
to gcc  invocations in MXE by default.

No, please don't do it for everything, if it needs to be done it should be only in the parts that need it.

The flag -mwindows is only for GUI applications, there is a corresponding -mconsole (both for "Windows" programs, they have no meaning for any other OS). It marks executables differently, I have no idea what it would do to libraries.
--
René Berber