Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Making gstreamer requires glib and glib is un

From: Tony Theodore
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Making gstreamer requires glib and glib is unable to find libffi
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2012 21:35:13 +1100

On 10/12/2012, at 12:08 PM, Alan Leurck <address@hidden> wrote:

> I've run into an issue when trying to create the gsteamer 1.0.3 suite of
> programs using the latest(master) from the git repository I downloaded this
> afternoon.  GStreamer requires glib and when trying to make glib, the libffi
> library is not found.  However, the library was created and is of the correct
> version (> 3.0).
>
> I have found the following in the glib associated log directory.
>
>       checking for LIBFFI... no
>       configure: error: Package requirements (libffi >= 3.0.0) were not met:
>
>       No package 'libffi' found
>
> The libffi.a  library exists in my ~/mxe.git/usr/i686-pc-mingw32/lib as well
> as the libffi-3.0.11 directory with the header .h files.
> Attached is the log file for the glib configure.
>
> It would appear that the configure process is unable to locate this new
> library.
> Any suggestions on how to resolve would be useful.
> Thank you.
> Al

Hi Al,

Since we build a native glib (on some systems), a native install of libffi is
required. This has been added to the docs in master, but not in stable (the
version at mxe.cc):

https://github.com/mxe/mxe/commit/a8e3b5ffd525a51852897e758b425f4d2d167d17

Check the package name for you system (something like libffi, libffi0dev, or
libffi-devel) and install it.

Cheers,

Tony