Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] 'make' does not report anything for the first

From: Tony Theodore
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] 'make' does not report anything for the first package on the command line.
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2013 14:16:25 +1000

On 16/07/2013, at 12:50 PM, Niels Kristian Bech Jensen <address@hidden> wrote:

 > This isn't ideal and I can't remember why a .PHONY rule wasn't suitable. I've never been entirely happy with the way I implemented serialised target builds, so any tips or alternate implementations are welcome.
>
> I'm not even sure serialised builds are the way to go, I had another alternative that is much less surprising and has more flexibility for other variants like [static | shared] (and satisfies my whim to see stats on the screen):

Hi Tony.

Maybe the alternative version can be tested in master after the release of a new stable branch?

Sure, the more I think about it the more it seems that we shouldn't care about the order and just let make take care of it. If there's no major issues, the stable release will be this weekend.

Cheers,

Tony