[Mingw-cross-env-list] mxe cross compilation deployment.

From: Rashad M
Subject: [Mingw-cross-env-list] mxe cross compilation deployment.
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2014 09:57:19 +0200

Hi all,

MXE cross compilation was very success for OTB. In the course of that I had added some new libraries into mxe and also updated some existing ones. A github fork of my changes can be seen here[1]. At this point I didnt added OTB, and other dependencies into the mxe src/*.mk files.

Coming to the point, What I want is testing or to be precise, I want to deploy these as a package where windows users can use it. So for now I make a zip file of required .dll and .exe and use it in windows. This work perfectly well but the point is the final part of deployment is tedious. I end up with a lot of .dll which is not used and to test it I need to remove them one at a time.

So if it possible to develop an installer/package manager for windows like linux which can download binaries or development files from mxe generated files. Anyone can be allowed to add a a package into it.

Any thoughts?

[1] https://github.com/rashadkm/mxe

--
Regards,