[Mingw-cross-env-list] Call for shared library requests (was: Release pl

From: Stefan Gehn
Subject: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Call for shared library requests (was: Release plan for next master -> stable) release
Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2014 21:53:50 +0200

Hi,

I'm the maintainer of GKrellM for Windows and I just recently started looking into using MXE since the Gtk+2 bundles on gtk.org are quite outdated and I also needed a newer GLib version. Additionally MXE allows for some easy customization/patching and also helps me automate building some other dependencies which I had to build manually so far.

From first experiments I'd say that one major roadblock for the shared builds to be usable is solving https://github.com/mxe/mxe/issues/420. For example when omitting the current gtk2 patchset I were able to at least build Gtk+ 2 just fine (I didn't get around actually trying it though since Sunday was over by then).

In case I get all dependencies built and working for GKrellM I'll try to do a pull-request to solve #420.

Regards,
Stefan