Re: GCC 11.1 Released

From: Gerardo Ballabio
Subject: Re: GCC 11.1 Released
Date: Fri, 7 May 2021 17:46:16 +0200

Hello Tony,
I understand that the default gcc version is still stuck at 5.5. Are
you planning to upgrade it (not to 11 right now, but to a reasonably
recent version)?
If the problem is that some packages fail to build with newer
versions, keeping the old version available as a plugin might be a
solution?

Gerardo