mit-scheme-devel

[MIT-Scheme-devel] pickling [was: interpreted runtime broken]

From: Taylor R Campbell
Subject: [MIT-Scheme-devel] pickling [was: interpreted runtime broken]
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2013 19:19:38 +0000

   Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2013 09:08:45 -0700
   From: Joe Marshall <address@hidden>

   On Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 8:10 PM, Taylor R Campbell <address@hidden> wrote:
   >    Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2013 18:58:27 -0700
   >    From: Matt Birkholz <address@hidden>
   >
   >    I *like* the idea of a fasdump/fasload written in Scheme.  It might
   >    be fun to extend it into a customizable pickler of the sort for
   >    which Joe was looking.
   >
   > For that purpose, I think effort would be better expended on support
   > for ASN.1 or protocol buffers or whatnot.

   Wrong abstraction level.

Care to elaborate?  A quick skim through my mit-scheme-devel mailbox
didn't reveal to me what your intended application is, but I'm wary of
any application using a language(-implementation)-specific format for
storing data on disk or interchanging data over a network or similar.