mit-scheme-devel

Re: [MIT-Scheme-devel] non-recursive mutexes

From: Arthur A. Gleckler
Subject: Re: [MIT-Scheme-devel] non-recursive mutexes
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2015 16:33:46 -0700

On Monday, June 8, 2015, Alexey Radul <address@hidden> wrote:

Respectfully, in general, users who rely on subtleties of the detailed
semantics of undocumented procedures [*] should expect occasional
incompatible changes.  And what communication channel do we have
except postings on the devel mailing list?

Just for the record, I agree, and I apologize once again for not having noticed that message on the list.

I am grateful to Taylor for all his work on MIT Scheme, and for making improvements to the thread system, which I use heavily in my web server and other projects.  This change caused me grief, but I shouldn't complain because I didn't speak up when Taylor asked.

I still think I'm using recursive mutexes in a reasonable way, but Taylor's comments have convinced me to review everything, just in case.