mit-scheme-devel

Re: How to unset environment variable

From: Derek Rhodes
Subject: Re: How to unset environment variable
Date: Sun, 1 May 2022 10:23:53 -0400

The function delete-environment-variable! does a dynamic type check to assure the env-var name is a string then grabs a mutex, so it looks like it is thread safe.  But, beyond that, I'd be speculating.

On 2022-05-01 08:45:11 -0400, Derek Rhodes wrote:
> Hi Sam, I dug around in the source and found this function:
>
> (delete-environment-variable! "FOOBAR").
>
> It was located in os-primitives.scm:
>
> https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/mit-scheme.git/tree/src/runtime/os-primitives.scm?h=release-11.2

Thank you.
What is the difference between (set-environment-variable! "FOOBAR" #f)
and (delete-environment-variable! "FOOBAR") ? The source code looks like
they do different things. I would assume that "delete-environment-variable!"
is the proper method for deleting an environment variable.