mit-scheme-users

Re: MIT-Scheme (SVM1 version) on NetBSD/arm64

From: Matt Birkholz
Subject: Re: MIT-Scheme (SVM1 version) on NetBSD/arm64
Date: Fri, 03 Jan 2020 15:35:22 -0700

Edwin is no longer included in all.com, the default band, but you could use your own.

cd ~/
mit-scheme
(load-option 'edwin)
(disk-save "./myworld.com")
(exit)
export MITSCHEME_BAND=~/myworld.com
mit-scheme --edit

On Fri, 2020-01-03 at 20:59 +0100, Alexander Shendi (Web.DE) wrote:
Dear MIT-Scheme users,

I have managed to build a version of MIT-Scheme (V 10.1.10, SVM1) under NetBSD/aarch64 (aka arm64).

The resulting binary seems to run w/o problems, but when I try to start Edwin (either via "scheme --edit" or via the "(edwin)" procedure it takes a long time to initialize and show the X11 editor window. The Edwin editor then runs as expected.

Can somebody explain the delay and how to possibly avoid it?

Many thanks in advance,

Alexander
--
You have zero privacy anyway. Get over it.

Scott McNealy 1999