Re: [Mldonkey-users] OCaml patch / Debian packages / etc

From: Jérôme Marant
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] OCaml patch / Debian packages / etc
Date: Thu, 08 Aug 2002 21:32:46 +0200

MLdonkey <address@hidden> writes:

>>  > The new CVS version uses ocaml-3.05, and should be able to compile
>>  > without applying a patch to it (the patched compiler is partially
>>  > included in the sources of mldonkey, with the approval of Xavier).
>>  >
>>  > So you should be able to build a .deb of the CVS version (start to
>>  > become almost stable).
>>
>>  Good!
>>
>>  According to the caml list, OCaml 3.05 is broken in some ways.
>>  Is it problematic for mldonkey?
>
> Yes, the bug can appear while compiling mldonkey, but not when
> executing mldonkey. A patch is available for ocaml-3.05 (I hope it was
> included in the .deb package!), it is on mldonkey WEB page.

  The patch will be applied soon.
  At Debian, the common practice is usually to discuss the problem with
  authors first in order to find a proper solution together (because it
  involves a lot of applications in the distribution). Then, we can change
  the package. It may be take more time, but we think that it is a better
  solution that blindly applying patches.

  Cheers,

--
Jérôme Marant