[Mldonkey-users] Combining parts files

From: Sebastian Redl
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] Combining parts files
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 17:10:33 +0200

Hi,

This may be a rather unusual question. I have two computers, and
mldonkey running on each. There's a large download I started on both
computers, and now they've both reached about 50%. I noticed that the
parts they have are rather disjunct - I suppose I have about 80% of the
file in total.
Since the computers are connected through a LAN, I'm wondering if there
is any way to either
1) Manually merge the parts files, so that I have one download
containing the parts of both or
2) Tell my two clients to specifically connect to and prefer each other,
so that they can quickly get each other up to date.

Any instructions and/or tools how to do this?

Sebastian Redl