[Mldonkey-users] [patch #4449] New parameter for pid file: -pid <dir>, s

From: spiralvoice
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] [patch #4449] New parameter for pid file: -pid <dir>, small improvements for pid files
Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2005 19:58:34 +0200

Update of patch #4449 (project mldonkey):

Follow-up Comment #7:

"What about making pid file path a compile time option ?"
I donĀ“t think this is a good idea, changing pid path requires
a re-compile. Most Unix daemons have a -pid parameter.

"I'm not too fond of checking config_files_space.tmp..."
This is the only way to block using a directory which is already
in use by MLDonkey. Do you know an alternative? For me its clear,
if config_files_space.tmp exists, MLDonkey is using this dir or
was not properly stopped. Both requires user intervention.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?func=detailitem&item_id=4449>

  Nachricht geschickt von/durch Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/