monit-dev

Re: monit CHANGES.txt PLATFORMS configure.ac proces...

From: Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Subject: Re: monit CHANGES.txt PLATFORMS configure.ac proces...
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 13:28:56 +0200

On 21. jun. 2006, at 12.58, Martin Pala wrote:

Jan-Henrik Haukeland wrote:
On 21. jun. 2006, at 01.18, Martin Pala wrote:
+* Fix the Mac OS X 10.4.x / Darwin 8.x build and implement
+  the process memory usage monitoring for this platform
When I test (as root on 10.4.6) I get:
system statistic error -- cannot initialize kvm interface
system statistic error -- cannot initialize the process tree => process resource monitoring disabled

... i have just tested it on 10.4.6/ppc and 10.3.9/ppc (without problems). Maybe there is some difference between intel and ppc ... i will add some debug info around kvm in the evening.

Ah yes, apple does in fact have different kernel code for intel and ppc. I didn't think it would show up at the system call level, but obviously it does. Since I'm on an intel mac I'll take a look at it.

BTW Intel Mac and Intel Mac, my MacBook Pro is more a frying pan than an computer :) It get so hot that I can boil and egg on it and fry bacon on the side. I wish I could make Steve Jobs sit on it and tell me it's not hot.

--
Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Mobil +47 97141255