[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Announce] monit 4.4-beta1
[Announce] monit 4.4-beta1
Tue, 10 Aug 2004 20:35:14 +0200
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.7.2) Gecko/20040808 Debian/1.7.2-1
The monit 4.4-beta1 is available:
Download from: http://www.tildeslash.com/monit/beta/
MD5 checksum: cb067f5ddf93c0babb378ca4919fd485 monit-4.4-beta1.tar.gz
Change log: http://www.tildeslash.com/monit/beta/CHANGES.txt
We ask that as many as possible will help us in testing this beta.
CHANGES since version 4.3:
NEW FEATURES AND FUNCTIONS:
* Add --without-accurate-mem-calcs configure option. This option
will cause on linux the usage of faster, but less accurate memory
calculations. Default is accurate.
* "monit -H filename" or "monit -H < filename" prints the MD5/SHA1
hash of the supplied file.
* SET MAILSERVER can use mail servers on other ports than 25 using
the optional PORT statement for each server.
* Refactoring of monit HTTP interface's service state reporting.
The state of any service's parameter is now reported by red
font in the case of error.
* The monit http server now presents data collected in last main
thread's check cycle - it will no more gather the data itself.
It makes the http request's response much faster and consistent
with what main thread thinks about sevices, on the other side
the presented data may be up to daemon poll timeframe old.
* Monitoring status now shows 'initializing' value until service
data will be collected. You can see this state typicaly before
first testing cycle will finish after monitoring was enabled
for given service or immediately after monit startup.
* Display actual response time for ICMP Echo test in monit
* Display actual response time for port connection test in monit
* Display actual timestamp for file and directory service page in monit
* New EVENT_ICMP type was added and ICMP related tests are now mapped
to it. Previous version used common EVENT_CONNECTION for port
connection and ICMP test types.
* Fix race condition between threads in the case of monit reload.
When service stop was issued via http interface during monit
reload, it was able to cause the crash. Monit will not accept
connections to its http interface during reload now. Thanks
to Peter Holdaway <pholdaway at technocom-wireless!com> for
reporting the problem.
* Fix double free of memory in http engine which can lead to
monit stack corruption and freeze or crash of monit during
* Fix possible monit crash on opteron based systems. Thanks to Hans
Rauch <h!rauch at help!hessen!de> for reporting the problem.
* Return the base status page URL in the case that action was called
via service URL action parameter in monit HTTP interface. This
prevents the unwanted action repetition in the case of page
* In the case that the monitored file's or directory's uid, gid
or permission failed, display the invalid value and warning
in monit HTTP interface in red font instead of green and vice
versa in the case that the parameter will recover. Thanks to
Andreas Rust <rust at webnova!de> for reporting the problem.
* In the case that checksum test was specified for file, display
actual checksum for monitored file in monit HTTP interface.
In the case that checksum failure will occure, highligth
the bad value by red font and display warning message in
service status field. Thanks to Vlada Macek
<tuttle at bbs!fsik!cvut!cz> for reporting the problem.
* Set content type properly to 'text/xml' for xml output format
of status page (http://localhost:2812/_status?format=xml). Thanks
to Vlada Macek <tuttle at bbs!fsik!cvut!cz> for reporting
* Fix Solaris 7 autoconf related compilation problem.
* Fixes for Sun Forte C compiler support.
* Fix compile-time warning for the 64-bit monit version. Thanks
to Pavel Urban <urbanp at mlp!cz> for reporting the problem.
* Minor simplification of internal service control interface.
* Log the start of monit http thread each time. During monit
reload was not the message related to http start logged.
* In the case that monit was reloaded and some service was in failed
state in the same moment, reset the error flag as soon as the service
will recover after reload. Previous version kept the error flag
though the service recovered until another failed&passed pair
* In the case that the service is not monitored, monitored object
doesn't exist or the data gathering failed, display the state
description in different font color and the '-' characters instead
of actual service parameters' values. The 'not monitored' state has
the highest priority over errors which the service migth had before
monitoring was disabled.
* In the case that it is not possible to obtain actual timestamp for
monitored file or directory, produce data access error event instead
of timestamp failed.
* ICMP echo test will not skip the testing of ports on remote host in
the case of failure, bacause it is possible that though ICMP echo
will fail (for example because of network configuration problem), the
service port will be accessible.
* Display expected timeout value for port connection test rule in monit
* Event messages were consolidated to contain the related service name
on the beggining of the message.
* Process resource engine was partly rewritten. It includes code clean
up and seperation of output data and data gathering.
* Fix width of html output in monit http interface.
|[Prev in Thread]
|[Next in Thread]
- [Announce] monit 4.4-beta1,
Martin Pala <=