Re: remote monit (or http and multiple expect and http-notify)

From: Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Subject: Re: remote monit (or http and multiple expect and http-notify)
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 23:02:30 +0100

On Feb 13, 2005, at 21:17, Leen Besselink wrote:

I did see some messages in the mailinglist archive and on the website mention m/monit, I was wondering is there a place where I can see what it'll do and how it'll do that.

We are in the process of developing a new version that match the current monit release. There is a previous version floating around but it will not work with the latest monit release. If you are very, very interested we could always send you this one of list. I have now also uploaded some screen shoots from the previous version which you can check out here http://www.tildeslash.com/mmonit/ Martin is currently working on the History/Analyze function which should be very interesting, I believe he has already has posted some screen shoot from this function on this list earlier.

Central management, configuration and graphing is mentioned.

I keep wondering about details, like is it going to use RRD as database for graphing.

I understand the intention is to make it GPL, but it's not in the public CVS or on the website.

The intention was initially to make it GPL, but after all the work we have put into it we will probably try to release it under a "free for non-commercial use" type of license in the hope that we will get back a little of what we have invested in it :-) Nothing is written in stone however and this may change once we do the release sometimes in the first half of 2005.

--
Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Mobil +47 97141255